The JS Group was founded by Jim Stephenson in 2004. Jim has a lifetime of experience working in drilling and remediation, and has worked on projects in Ireland, the UK and Africa. With a team of experienced and highly qualified staff, the JS Group provides services in three areas:
The JS Group has an extremely impressive client base, including multinationals, blue chips, leading building and mining companies, prominent engineering and environmental consultants, local authorities, utilities, semi-states and other government departments. Customers include:
- County Councils: Carlow, Cavan, Cork, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Mayo, Offaly, Tipperary, Waterford and more.
- Consultants: Aecom, Geosyntec, GES/IECE, Golder Associates and more.
- Mining Companies: Aughinish Alumina, Saint Gobain Tara Mines and more.
- Research: Teagasc, Trinity College Dublin and more.
- Semi-State: Irish Water.
- Numerous Private Business & Group Water Schemes.
The benefits of working with the JS Group include:
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time, on budget and to spec
- Unrivalled reputation for finding solutions where others can’t
- Superb industry experience, know-how and project management skills
- Unique equipment, instrumentation and plant in Ireland
- Industry-leading standards of service and back-up
- Detailed local knowledge of the Irish market covering health and safety, industry regulations, plus sourcing of materials, plant, PPE and manpower
Across the island of Ireland, the JS Group has become the byword for delivering top quality solutions and superb service for all aspects of remediation and drilling. Contact us now to learn how the JS Group can help your company.
About Jim Stephenson & The History of the JS Group
Jim Stephenson established the JS Group in 2004 to provide specialist drilling services to Irish industry. Since its inception the company has worked on a wide and varied selection of projects, and has become well-known for its problem-solving abilities.
Jim has over 25 years’ experience in the provision of drilling contractor services to Local Authorities, national and multinational environmental consultants, research establishments, pharmaceutical and food processing industries, mining, and engineering companies.
He has a wide expertise in environmental, geotechnical and geothermal services as well as a water well rehabilitation and maintenance services dedicated to protecting groundwater quality.
Following industry demand for bespoke soil and groundwater contamination remediation contractors and water well rehabilitation services, Jim set up JS Remediation in 2015.
JS Remediation has specialised experience in areas such as well installation, contaminated land, hazardous waste, brown-field sites, landfills, petrol stations/fuel storage depots, chemical and pharmaceutical sites, de-commissioning wells, dewatering projects, and specialised drilling projects.
Our industry has been health and safety driven, as the businesses only operate on the highest level projects with demanding clients. This has forced us to adopt a progressive attitude to health and safety, and allowed us to include a safer working environment for our employees.
Our staff are fully trained in every aspect of their job and employ a health and safety culture in all tasks of their work.
The unrivalled combination of the services, equipment and expertise provided means the JS Group holds a variety of machinery, experience and know-how not available elsewhere in Ireland.
Jim Stephenson Qualifications
- Society of Environmental Engineers (Member)
- International Association of Hydrogeologists (Member)
- Planning Supervisor Design Process, Awarding Body IOSH, September 2017
- Planning Supervisor Construction Stage, Awarding Body IOSH, September 2016
- Safe Pass and other site-specific health and safety training
Contact us now to learn how we can help your company.